Poland’s coal regions face a challenge of social, economic and climate transition along the process of closing coal mining and combustion operations. Support from the Just Transition Fund aims to help them mitigate the negative effects of this process.
The economic analysis and advisory support of Instrat’s experts helped raise funds to finance infrastructure investments and local community projects on the ground and increase the climate ambition of leading coal regions and companies. The scope of the studies carried out covered energy, regional policy, public finance of local governments and the labor market outlook.
The results of our work include:
- Development of the Territorial Just Transition Plan of Eastern Greater Poland,
- Development of the Climate Neutrality Strategy “Eastern Wielkopolska After Coal 2040”,
- Net-zero pledge by 2040 voiced by regional authorities of Eastern Greater Poland.
- Regional authorities of Eastern Greater Poland and the ZE PAK Group joined the Powering Past Coal Alliance;
- Development of the National Plan for a Just Transition,
- Contributions to the just transition planning process and documents of the Belchatow Region and Lower Silesia.